Final user interface for the underwriting feature

Case Study: Underwriting



We have an internal tool, where our risks analysts can view and record applicants’ underwriting information. Unfortunately, it wasn’t very user friendly, so we decided to redesign it.

After talking with our analysts, Rithika and Cynthia, we identified 3 main problems:

  1. 1. If the applicant linked multiple banks, it was impossible to see the overall financial picture (you had to toggle between the banks). Finances section of the undewriting, which shows two dropdown for filtering data: one based on income type and one for bank accounts
  2. 2. It was difficult to understand the reasons behind drastic changes (which are common for creators) in their financial history. Two examples of finances section, one displays history graph for the past 3 months and one for the past 12 months
  3. 3. All work for examining socials had to be done manually. Socials sections of the underwriting that lists all social media accounts, basic info (like followers), and an automatically calculated engagement score


This Figma file includes full flow, components, and explorations we did for this project: